Angela Maiers is an educator, entrepreneur, leader, disruptor and visionary.
She has been creating and leading change in education and enterprise for 25 years, teaching every level of school from kindergarten to graduate school and consulting with companies around the world.
She is the author of six books, including Classroom Habitudes and The Passion-Driven Classroom, and her You Matter talk at TEDxDesMoines has been viewed several hundred thousand times.
Angela is the founder of Choose2Matter, a global movement that challenges and inspires students to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions to social problems.
Today, Angela is at the forefront of New Literacy and Web 2.0 technologies. An active blogger and social media evangelist, she’s deeply committed to helping learners understand the transformational power of technology. Her intimate knowledge of teaching and learning, down-to-earth style, and powerful message of personal empowerment have made her a highly sought after keynote speaker and a vibrant courageous voice in both the business and education space.
- Character traits children need to learn to prosper in the digital age
- The role of employers in transforming education
- Standardised tests v project based learning v passion driven learning
- Why we need to move to problem-solving over regurgitating memory
- What it means to be a technology native
- The role of technology in the classroom- What automation means for today's kids
- Are innovators born or made?
- The Genius Hour initiative- Angela's #YouMatter initiative
- Why innovation is an invitation
- How schools can leverage innovative solutions to solve social problems
Angela's books - www.amazon.com/Angela-Maiers/e/B001HOW0XI
Angela on Twitter - @AngelaMaiers
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz