In this episode, I bring you not one but two guests, Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky - co-authors of the book 'SPRINT - How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days'.
Jake Knapp created Google Venture’s sprint process. He has run more than a hundred sprints with startups such as 23andme, Slack, Nest, and Foundation Medicine. Previously, Jake worked at Google, leading sprints for everything from Gmail to Google X.
John Zeratsky has designed mobile apps, medical reports, and a daily newspaper (among other things). Before joining GV, he was a design lead at YouTube and an early employee of FeedBurner, which Google acquired in 2007. John has written about design and productivity forWall Street Journal, Fast Company, Wired, and Time.
Entrepreneurs and leaders face big questions every day: What’s the most important place to focus your effort, and how do you start? What will your idea look like in real life? How many meetings and discussions does it take before you can be sure you have the right solution?
A practical guide to answering critical business questions, Sprint is a book for teams of any size, from small startups to Fortune 100s, from teachers to nonprofits. It’s for anyone with a big opportunity, problem, or idea who needs to get answers today.
- The history behind Sprint
- How the Sprint process works
- The importance of timeboxing
- Alignment with the lean startup
- Supporting tools
- How the guys respond to criticisms of the lean startup, rapid iterations and sprints
- Examples of how sprints have been run successfully
- Examples of how sprint can be used for almost anything, not just product development
- @jakek and @jazer on Twitter
- Google Ventures - The Design Sprint - www.gv.com/sprint/
- Get the book - www.amazon.com/Sprint-Solve-Prob…eas/dp/150112174X
Listen on iTunes: goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Download it at www.theinnovationmanagershandbook.com
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz