Hailing from Austin, Texas, Ash Maurya is the founder of Leanstack. Since bootstrapping his last company seven years ago, he has launched five products and one peer-to-web application framework.
Throughout this time he has been in search of better, faster ways for building successful products. Ash has more recently been rigorously applying Customer Development and Lean Startup techniques to his products, frequently writing about this on his blog and turning this into the critically acclaimed book, “Running Lean: How to Iterate from Plan A to a plan that works”. Ash is also the creator of the one-page business modelling tool, the Lean Canvas, which is used by startups and corporate innovators across the globe.
His new book "Scaling Lean: Master the Key Metrics for Startup Growth, debuted at #2 on the WSJ Business Bestseller list, and explores an invaluable blueprint for modelling startup success and ultimately scale a business by implementing a 10X rollout strategy.
Ash is praised for offering some of the best and most practical advice for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs all over the world. Driven by the search for better and faster ways for building successful products, Ash has developed a systematic methodology for raising the odds of success built upon Lean Startup, Customer Development, and Bootstrapping techniques.
Ash is also a leading business blogger and his posts and advice have been featured in Inc. Magazine, Forbes, and Fortune. He regularly hosts sold out workshops around the world and serves as a mentor to several accelerators including TechStars, MaRS, Capital Factory, and guest lecturers at several universities including MIT, Harvard, and UT Austin. Ash serves on the advisory board of a number of startups, and has consulted to new and established companies.
Aside from creating indispensable resources for innovators and entrepreneurs, Ash is a foodie, a dad, a husband and a yogi.
- His new book, Scaling Lean, and how it differs from Running Lean
- An overview of the Running Lean process
- How to 10x your company while staying lean
- Using the lean canvas in large organisations
- The metrics that matter and why one metric may not always be the best approach
- Challenges in getting large organisations to adopt lean and how they might be overcome
- Examples of how large companies have effectively implemented lean product development
- How to identify and prioritise your biggest customer, market and product risks
- What metrics corporate innovators should use instead of NPV and IRR
- How much data is enough to draw conclusions
- How to start embedding a culture of experimentation in a large, otherwise conservative, organisations
- Why regulation is no excuse not to go lean and in fact is more reason to do so
- Socratic thinking
- How to get into flow
Show Notes:Twitter: @ashmaurya
Ash's site: ashmaurya.comAsh's business: leanstack.com
Ash's books: www.amazon.com/Ash-Maurya/e/B006MW5OSS
Listen on iTunes: goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz